The Harlequin Theatre and Cinema is delighted to announce we are looking for people to join our dynamic team. Whether you are looking to gain experience working in a theatre, learn new skills or meet new people the Harlequin has something for you. We are currently seeking people to join our Technical, Box Office and Caretaking teams.
If you are looking for seasonal work we are also looking for people to join our stage crew through December and into January for our annual Pantomime, please advise us on your application if you would like to be part of the team during the festive period. This is an opportunity to get experience working on a large production within a professional theatre.
Casual Box Office Assistants
The Box Office team are the first point of contact for our customers when they visit The Harlequin. Ensuring shows and film screenings sales are handle efficiently their customer service skills are of the highest standard.
Key tasks our Casual Box Office Assistants carry out are:
- Delivering excellent customer service when processing bookings and dealing with enquiries and feedback face-to-face, via telephone and email.
- Encourage customers to book for other shows and events at The Harlequin to assist in maximising income for all aspects of the venue.
- Assisting and enabling the smooth running of the box office on a daily basis to ensure targets are met.
You'll be deploying your skills across areas of responsibility that include:
- Preparing daily cash returns against sales and reporting any discrepancies to the Administration and Finance Supervisor.
- Dealing with customer complaints/comments as and when, should any arise and forwarding to the relevant manager.
- Using the PVM ticketing programme to the best of its advantage, by effectively maintaining its database and routine housekeeping.
For more details including pay rates and to apply please download the Job Summary and Application Form below
Casual Technical Crew
The Technical team are responsible for the staging of all the shows and the programming of the film projection that take place at The Harlequin every day. With high levels of customer service they are responsible for working with the show providers to deliver high quality shows for our audiences.
Key tasks our Casual Technical Crew carry out are:
- Preparation of stage, auditorium and other areas within the Harlequin theatre for presentations, exhibitions and general use.
- Operating & maintaining lighting and sound equipment.
- Operating & Maintaining projection equipment
You'll be deploying your skills across areas that include:
- Show get in and get outs
- Programming projection film schedules and screening of event cinema
- Providing technical support during shows
For more details including pay rates and to apply please download the Job Summary and Application form.
The caretaking team at the Harlequin Theatre & Cinema perform a vital role in the day to day operation of the building. Ensuring the building is presented to the highest standards for all our customers the team form an integral part of the theatre team.
Key tasks our Casual Cleanings team carry out are:
- Ensuring the building is cleaned to a high standard
- Greeting and directing customers as they arrive for meetings
- Receiving goods delivers from the loading bay
You’ll be deploying your skills across areas of responsibility that include:
- Assisting the caretaker with the preparation of function rooms for meetings
- Making the back and front of house areas welcoming for all visitors
- Assisting with the preparation of the auditorium customer areas after a show ready for the next performance.
For more details including pay rates and to apply please download the Job Summary and Application Form below.
The Harlequin Theatre & Cinema is an all purpose entertainment venue, hosting a wide range of events including music, stand-up comedy, film, drama, exhibitions and conferences.
The Council is committed to equality and opportunity for all. We welcome applications from people of all racial origins but are only able to consider applications from persons already eligible to work in the UK.
Please supply two referees with your application in the relevant sections with up to date contact information as we are unable to process your application without these.