We are taking a balanced approach to how things run at the Harlequin to ensure you can make the most of what’s on offer, while still placing your comfort and safety centre stage.
- We strongly encourage you to continue to wear a face covering when you are in the venue, unless you are exempt. Our staff will wear face coverings when interacting with the public.
- All live shows are available at full capacity in the auditorium, please contact our Box Office if you have any questions.
- Our cinema is running at full capacity, but we will aim to offer two screenings for every film that will remain socially distanced. Please check our website or contact our Box Office to book.
- Please continue to consider your proximity to others while in our public spaces and make the most of the hand sanitising stations around the building.
We will review our safety measures on a regular basis in line with government advice and guidelines. We look forward to welcoming you to a great range of shows, films and event screenings.
- Certain film screenings to remain socially distanced
- Rigorous cleaning regimes throughout the building
- Air extraction system in auditorium, continually drawing in fresh air from outside
- Strict hygiene arrangements for food and drink provision and preparation
- Face coverings or visors worn by staff
- Hand sanitiser stations available
- Perspex screens at the Box Office and kiosk
- Training for staff
FAQs: The Harlequin Café
What are the seating arrangements in the café?
All tables are socially distanced from each other and are thoroughly cleaned between each customer. We currently only offer table service.
Do I need to pre-book?
No, you don’t need to book, but you may be asked to wait if we are full and to allow for tables to be cleaned before you are seated. Our café is open 10am-3pm, seven days a week.
Can I pay in cash?
We encourage cashless payments but you can also pay with cash.
FAQs: The Waller Studio cinema
What are the seating arrangements in the cinema?
Our cinema is running at full capacity. We will endeavour to have two screenings per film that remain socially distanced, to give our customers a choice. Please check our films page for details.
How do I book tickets?
You can book your tickets online, by phone on 01737 276500 or in person at the Box Office. Our Box Office is open 10:00am-8:00pm seven days a week.
Are you running any special offers?
We have cheap ticket deals on weekend mornings where tickets are just £4.50, all day on Mondays and Tuesdays, and Wednesday-Friday mornings, where tickets are £6.50.
Do I need to wear a face covering?
We strongly encourage you to wear a face covering while moving through the public areas of the venue and in our cinema.
When should I arrive?
Doors to the cinema will open 15 minutes before the advertised start time of the screening. Please note adverts are not guaranteed to play before the start of the film so we recommend arriving prior to the advertised start time.
Will food and drink be available to purchase?
We offer snacks and drinks at our kiosk. These are all pre-packed items and there is no self-service. Our main café is also open 10:00am-3:00pm seven days a week.
Will you still accept my Harlequin loyalty card?
We are continuing with the Harlequin loyalty card scheme and are able to stamp your card.
I have tickets but I am / someone in my household is displaying Coronavirus symptoms, what should I do?
If you or someone in your household has any symptoms of Coronavirus, please do not visit the venue. Contact us and we will refund your tickets. We reserve the right to ask anyone displaying symptoms to leave the venue immediately.
Can I still use the lift and accessible toilets?
Yes, please just ask a member of staff.
How can I contact the Harlequin?
Call us on 01737 276500 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.